Are you not a morning person? Do you leave yourself only a few minutes to spare to get up and rush out the door to work? Are you skipping breakfast completely, reaching for the closest starchy carbs or eating everything in sight come lunch/ dinner due to skipping your most important meal of the day? If so, then this high protein recipe may be ideal for your busy mornings.
This delicious recipe is gluten free & grain free Energy Bites. Here’s the catch…they are made with chickpeas!! Chick pea’s are high in fibre and protein. They help boost your energy, stabilize blood sugar are jam packed with vitamins and minerals that will benefit our health and much more. Not to mention it has way more of a nutritional value then a bagel or muffin picked up on the way to work.
- 1 ¼ cup cooked chick peas (If you’re using canned it’s just less than 1 can, rinsed)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup natural peanut butter / nut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt if using salt free peanut butter
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips* (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend all but the chocolate chips in a food processor or blender until smooth
- Stir in chocolate chips until well mixed
- Roll batter into small balls
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until slightly brown
- Let cool and enjoy 🙂