Are you looking for new ways to incorporate protein into your diet? There are many ways to add protein – meat, beans, nuts, but one of my favourites is protein powder. Tired of the regular protein and water shakes? Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring.
Protein Powder Recipes
Below are some of my favourite ways to add protein into my snacks and meals:
- Protein crepes
- 1 scoop of your favourite protein powder
- 1/2 cup of egg whites
- Heat the stove to medium heat. Add both ingredients to a bowl and whisk until powder is dissolved. Add about half of the liquid to the pan and cook until lightly brown, flip and cook through. Toppings: Strawberries, blueberries, banana and peanut butter, apples and cinnamon, fruit and nuts.
- Green breakfast smoothie
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1.5 cups of fresh spinach
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp of peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 tsp honey (or to taste)
- 5-6 ice cubs
- 1 scoop of your favourite protein powder (my favourite is Arbonne Vanilla protein powder)
- Put all the ingredients in a blender until smooth and enjoy!
- Protein energy balls
- 1.5 cups of steel cut oats
- 1 cup of natural almond butter
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 scoops of vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1-2 tbsp of shredded coconut
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Roll into small balls and place in fridge for a minimum of an hour to set.
- Greek yogurt parfait
- 1 cup of plain greek yogurt or dairy-free yogurt
- 1 tsp of honey (optional)
- fruit – strawberries, blueberries, banana etc.
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- Combine yogurt and protein powder until fully blended. Top with fruits, nuts or honey
What type of protein powder should you choose? There are many types on the market and they have different benefits. Whether you choose whey or vegan make sure you look for sugar and sodium content.
Comment your favourite recipes below!